21st Century

Am primit astăzi un link care m-a surprins EXTREM de plăcut. Recunosc că nu mă așteptam la un articol foarte… inteligent de la cracked.com 🙂

Subiectul? „Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable”. Permiteți-mi să citez:

  • „Annoyance is something you build up a tolerance to, like alcohol or a bad smell. The more we’re able to edit the annoyance out of our lives, the less we’re able to handle it.”
  • „And that ability to suffer fools, to tolerate annoyance, that’s literally the one single thing that allows you to function in a world populated by other people who aren’t you. Otherwise, you turn emo. Science has proven it.”
  • „When someone speaks to you face-to-face, what percentage of the meaning is actually in the words, as opposed to the body language and tone of voice? […] It’s 7 percent. The other 93 percent is nonverbal”
  • „Tragically, there are now a whole lot of people who never have those conversations. The interventions, the brutal honesty, the, “you know, everybody’s pissed off because of what you said last night, but nobody wants to say anything because they’re afraid of you,” sort of conversations. Those horrible, awkward, wrenchingly uncomfortable sessions that you can only have with someone who sees right to the center of you.”
  • „Well, unfortunately, self-esteem and the ability to like yourself only come after you’ve done something that makes you likable”

‘Nuff said. Citiți articolul (link aici). Chiar merită!

1 Comment »

  1. Summer is gone, life goes on | Nektulos Said,

    October 21, 2009 @ 16:45

    […] article from cracked.com: “7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable” (via). It’s a bit long’ish but it’s well worth […]

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI

Leave a Comment